Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9102
APS4 Accounts Payable Officer
This diverse Government organisation has uniquely commercial aspects to their revenues. Enjoy a great work environment and central Canberra location.
This role works with the wider financial operations team to deliver accounts processes, credit card and simple procurement functions. It is a customer facing role with a wide variety of duties and a need for high accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in completing tasks.
This opportunity is offered as a 3 month contract.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing of all supplier invoices and preparing and entering catch payment runs.
- Perform the accounts payable function with regard to appropriate government regulations
- Management of the supplier’s vendor profiles and payment terms
- Monitor and assess ageing of the payables ledger to ensure late payment trends, late payment fees, are identified and supplier relationships are maintained
- Maintain all contracts, purchase orders and spending proposals
- Ad-hoc finance duties when required
The ideal person will have previous experience as an Accounts Payable Officer from a large government organisation or large commercial organisation processing high volume transactions. It will suit someone who enjoys being busy and working within well-defined and structured processes.
You will have excellent attention to detail and also possess excellent organisation and time management skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are equally important as being able to work within the team will be critical to your success in this role.
Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
c., $40 – $50 / hour + super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9102.