Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8565
APS4/5 Project Administrator
Our client is a small government agency encompassing a broad portfolio of disability and social services. They are a multifaceted agency going through a period of significant change and growth.
This is an opportunity to work in a high performing team that supports the wider agency and its community partners. Working in an Agency that is still in a significant growth phase, you can have career progression and exposure to how an Agency operates when still in its infancy. Work in a fraud strategy and prevention team tasked with preventing fraudulent claims made for services and support that aren’t required to help those actually in need. In addition, whilst you will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, there is a high likelihood of securing a longer-term or permanent role.
The specific focus of this role will be to support the Fraud & Compliance Branch more broadly in its delivery of projects. The successful candidate will work to support the Project Manager in the design, implementation and tracking/reporting on various projects. Critical to your success will be the ability to work under general direction and multi-task in a busy and fast-paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Administrative support
- Tracking of project deliverables and tasks
- Secretariat for project committees
- Preparation and distribution of project committee documentation
- Coordinate and contribute to regular project reports including status updates and exception
- Identify and assist with the management of project risks, design, testing and reporting
- Develop and support stakeholder relationships to assist in project delivery
You will be an accomplished and high-performing project officer with a proven track record of delivering outcomes. Previous experience in an APS context is highly desirable but if you’ve applied your project administration skills to the private sector, you would still be considered.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated project administration experience and the ability to deliver real outcomes
- Understanding of project management methodology, framework and principles
- Strong written communication and exposure to providing secretariat support
- Be able to identify project risk and implement strategies to manage them
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including MS Project or similar systems
An hourly rate of $43 – $48 per hour + 9.5% superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate. *Please note, this is inclusive of casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8565