Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th May, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11151
APS Project Accountant
Our client is a large, complex federal government department that manages diverse business requirements across Australia. Career opportunities abound and strong job security for high performers.
This role is initially offered as a contract opportunity with a minimum term of 6 months. The role works with a broad range of stakeholders across the business on a range of project accounting challenges. This is a great opportunity to work on high profile and interesting projects and contribute on a national scale.
The role is critical to ensuring the project areas are running efficiently and in-line with financial and budget policy frameworks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination of program/project schedules
- Develop and maintain program budgets and forecasting
- Build and maintain effective relationships with project managers/stakeholders
- Ensure the quality, integrity and efficiency of recorded program expenditure
- Produce monthly management accounting and progress reports
- Collate and produce all reports as directed by the Director
- Liaise with project managers to review expenditure and provide advice/guidance on staffing levels and budget vs actual tracking
- Financial process improvement as required.
We are looking for a high-performing individual with relevant accounting experience and preferably a CA/CPA accreditation. You will have strong stakeholder engagement skills and advisory capability in project and/or management accounting.
You will have demonstrated experience managing key high value projects and good technical competence with MS Excel and SAP. Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with influence are critical to the success of the role.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens have an NV1 security clearance.
$55 – $75 per hour + Super.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 11151