Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 14th May, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11144
APS Costings Specialists - multiple roles
This federal agency performs a critical function for Australia’s domestic and broader interests. The work is fast paced, complex, and high profile.
This is an opportunity to join a costings team where you will be developing and managing cost models and providing meaningful insights to the business. This department works on large projects which are complex and multifaceted. You will be supported by highly capable managers who will invest in your career and there will be opportunities to explore other areas of the finance team. Strong performers will be rewarded with acting opportunities and promotions.
At this stage, this role is offered as a transfer for existing APS employees at level and have an existing AGVSA baseline security clearance or former APS employees who prefer contracting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and develop costing models to deliver accurate and timely financial information to the executive to facilitate decision making
- Undertake the development of projection models, performance indicators and monitoring tools
- Review and refine cost allocation methodologies and assumptions to continuously improve the function
- Undertake the preparation of internal reports for submission to the Senior Executive
- Work closely with other business stakeholders to identify and advise on key cost drivers
- Review performance and assumptions against industry benchmarking data to help identify improvement opportunities
- Assist with budget and forecasting tasks.
You will be a high performing Management Accountant with strong problem-solving skills and the ability navigate the ‘grey’ areas to produce supportable costing assumptions.
You will work closely with the director and your team to develop the cost models and ensure the business is provided with meaningful insight and analysis to facilitate decisions.
Degree qualifications and APS costings experience are a must and CA/CPA (or progress towards) would be favourable.
Australian citizenship and a minimum Baseline security clearance is required.
$85K – $115K + enhanced super OR salary match for existing APS employees OR equivalent hourly rate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 11144.