Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9396
APS 5&6 Project and Policy Review Officers - Multiple Positions
Our client is a Federal Government Agency focused on delivering policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally.
These roles are situated within the Research Excellence Branch, which is responsible for a multi-nation review of standard R&D classifications used by higher education institutions in Australia and New Zealand.
Our client is looking for one APS5 and one APS6 to join their collaborative research team on 12-month labour hire contracts.
This is an opportunity to expand your policy and program experience in a hard-working and collaborative team that fosters its employees with a great work culture.
In this role you will:
- Support the EL1 in providing high level secretariat services including preparing meeting papers and briefings
- Conduct research and analysis, including coordinating or conducting data analysis
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and briefing material for key senior internal and external stakeholders and to support consultation processes
- Support the EL1 to manage stakeholder consultation processes, including receiving and collating feedback
- Liaise with the key Australian and New Zealand Government bodies to support the project
- Support the Project Manager on managing project timelines
- Assist with the development of the draft revised Field of Research classification
- Provide support for other branch activities as needed, including Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) and Engagement and Impact (EI)
Required skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and presenting consultation feedback
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Strong understanding of Microsoft software packages (particularly Excel)
- Sound knowledge of the Australian Higher Education Sector
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in policy and program at the APS5 or APS6 level. An understanding of statistical classifications and the high education research sector is desirable.
It is essential that you:
- Enjoy working in a challenging work environment
- Have good judgement and excellent strategic thinking skills
- Work well individually and with a team to achieve project activities with competing deadlines
- Are motivated with have experience in supporting a committee secretariat work
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong writing skills
- Have an excellent ability to research issues and to analyse information
- Are experienced in building positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Can confidently present messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner
APS5 $48 – $53 per hour + 9.5% super
APS6 $54 – $63 per hour + 9.5% super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9396