Connect with Siobahn on email, or via, via
POSTED 3rd Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16460
APS 4 -6 Work Health and Safety Officers
At HorizonOne, you are the focus of our recruiting efforts – we tailor our service to ensure we find you a role that connects not only your skills, but who you are, to your ideal job.
At all APS levels, clients are looking for proactive Work Health and Safety Officers who can observe, assess, and report on the safety performance of a workplace, and assist with developing procedures that meet safety guidelines. WHS professionals are in demand across most sectors: industry, economics, infrastructure, exports, agriculture, health and climate change-related events. As such, HorizonOne has a consistent flow of procurement roles available.
It is very common for high performing candidates to receive repeated extensions on their contracts or even secure permanency in the APS.
With a range of positions regularly available, we are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified candidates due to placing a large majority of active and registered candidates.
- From APS4 to APS6 levels
- Contracts from 3 months to 12 months or more
- Section26 transfers, non ongoing and hourly rate contracts available
The responsibilities of each position vary, but as a Work Health and Safety Officer, you will be required to:
- Provide professional and policy advice on WHS legislation
- Assist in the development and implementation of WHS procedures, guidelines and policies
- Undertake secretariat duties for the WHS Committee and sub committees
- Conduct risk assessments and workplace audits to understand the nature of workplace risk and identify effective ways to reduce risks
- Assist in the development and implementation of a safety management system
- Manage the agency’s incident reporting processes and responsibilities under the due diligence framework
- Assist in the facilitation and management of the relevant nomination and training for roles required under the WHS legislation (HSRs, FAOs)
- Monitor and report on costs associated to WHS and related programs
Your Background and Experience
To be successful as a Work Health and Safety Officer, you will have:
- Experience providing high quality, responsive WHS advice and support to staff, including senior officers, related to both proactive and reactive circumstances
- Ability to facilitate health and wellbeing initiatives
- Ability to manage network of Health and Safety Representatives
- Understanding of WHS legislative, regulatory or procedural matters
- Ability to manage resolution of issues and complaints
- Ability to manage the facilitation of departmental workplace inspections and other risk management activities to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure compliance with legislation and departmental policies
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
You must be an Australian citizen. You must be willing to undergo a police check. You must have a Baseline security clearance or be willing to undergo one.
Salary / Rate
- APS4: $40 – $47/hr + 10.5% Super
- APS5: $48 – $55/hr + 10.5% Super
- APS6: $54 – $65/hr + 10.5% Super
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Siobahn Condie on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16460.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.