Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8159
Administrator - Client Services
Our client is an Australian owned financial services company with over 30 years industry experience providing their clients advice on a broad range of investment services. Based in the inner south of Canberra, this role would be in an office hosting a very small team of professional and hardworking staff.
This is a permanent role and requires the occupant to provide exceptional customer service support to a range of clients as well as the Senior Financial Planner. This is an excellent opportunity for a Commerce or Finance graduate that wants to pursue a career in financial planning. Taking on a Client Services role initially with the view to moving into para-planning within 18 – 24 months, depending on your capability.
Working the practice principle and senior planner, you will work in a small team of 5 to provide daily administrative support in a process driven role that requires the highest level of attention to detail.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Greet clients, answer phone calls and respond to a high volume of e-mail queries and correspondence
- Prepare and issue paperwork, undertake ensure compliance for the office with client paperwork and file management
- Liaise with various fund managers and insurance brokers
- Create, track and complete client tasks from the task management system
- Update office procedures as necessary
- Perform some scanning of old paper-based files
- Assist with the assembly of Statements of Advice; (either paper-based or via email)
- Provide general administrative support to your peers and Financial Planner/s
You will be a capable and intelligent graduate, able to adapt quickly to new environments and are eager to take on new challenges. You have an interest in financial planning and understand that the most successful are those that learn a business from the ground up. This is your first step into the exciting and rewarding world of financial planning! You will be able to work in a busy and fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail and be task orientated – this isn’t a hugely noisy office as staff are always bogged down with workload. If you love your day to fly by then this is the job for you!
In addition you will have:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and very computer literate
- A highly client centric and customer service approach to tasks as well as relevant educational qualifications – commerce, finance etc.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative whilst being an enthusiastic, energetic team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- The successful candidate will have to complete online study to obtain their Diploma of Financial Planning 1 – whilst not extensive, it is required to fulfil the full duties of this role.
A salary of $50,000 – $55,000 per annum + 10% super will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8159