Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Dec, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8327
Small Government Agency with a friendly finance team. Well located centrally in Canberra and regarded as a great place to work.
Join the finance team on a contract but with future potential for permanent employment. 6 months initial commitment.
This is a multi-skilled role that undertakes both accounts payable and accounts receivable functions as required. There is also access to higher level work for those looking to stretch their skills and grow an accounting career with Government. Key duties include;
- Processing of all supplier invoices and preparing and entering catch payment runs;
- Perform the accounts payable function with regard to appropriate government regulations;
- Process overseas payments in both Australian and foreign currency;
- Address all enquiries from various line areas within the business as well as the external suppliers;
- Monitor and assess ageing of the payables ledger to ensure late payment trends, late payment fees, are identified and supplier relationships are maintained;
- Acquit overseas travel;
- Prepare all monthly bank reconciliations for all entities in the group;
- AP Aged Creditors report analysis each month end; and
- Maintain all contracts, purchase orders and spending proposals in Finance One.
- Manage and perform the vendor creation process;
- Complete debtor reconciliations monthly;
- Assist with debt recovery processes;
- AR Aged Debtors report analysis each month end;
- Receipting of monies and invoice raising;
- Maintain petty cash and change floats, including performing monthly float reconciliations;
- Review and approve Accounts Payable payment batches; and
- Monthly credit card reconciliation.
Ideally, we are looking for a motivated finance professional early in their accounting career and keen to find a team that will support them to grow. You will be able to demonstrate at least 1 to 2 years basic accounts processing work in a reasonable sized business, and you will have appropriate finance qualifications (Degree) to support your practical experience.
I addition, you will demonstrate high attention to detail, great customer service skills, ability to meet deadlines and propensity to learn systems and processes quickly.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours per week and only current Australian Citizens will be considered.
c., $40 per hour + super negotiable to experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8327