Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 10th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8425
Accountant - Commercial Business
This is an opportunity to work with one of Canberra’s fastest growing employers during an exciting period of change. Working with an organisation with excellent culture and genuine career progression, you will be offered the opportunity to work with a supportive team and be provided with training and development to assist you in taking that next step in your career.
This is a permanent role for career orientated Accountant. Added benefits include, but are not limited to; free car parking, discounted gym memberships, subsided income protection, flu shots and health checks, annual performance and salary review and training and development opportunities. In addition, you will be part of an inclusive and social employer with fortnightly morning teas, awesome Christmas functions and anniversary lunches and dinners being just some of the added benefits you’ll receive.
Working in a supportive team, you’ll need to work collaboratively and support the Finance, Commercial and Legal unit to achieve outcomes within the organisation. With a large emphasis on maintaining the integrity of the financial system, it is imperative that you are able to demonstrate your willingness to contribute to the team and organisational goals.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Year-end financial reporting requirements such as reconciliation of various accounts, preparation of financials and liaising with the auditors
- Supervision of accounts payable processing of invoices and authorising payments
- Monthly management of financial reports and cash flow reconciliations
- Analysis of financial, accounting and other data
- Maintenance of asset registers
- Preparation of annual budget and other forecasts
- Preparation of BAS’s and FBT returns
You will be a high performing accountant who enjoys commercial business. A high level of attention to detail is essential. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are equally important as being able to work within the team will be critical to your success in this role. You will also possess the following:
- Sufficient experience in financial accounting with exposure to tax
- CA/CPA qualified or progressing towards
A highly competitive salary of $80k-$90k including superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate. In addition, there is a host of benefits that will be offered including; free car parking, discounted gym memberships, subsided income protection, flu shots and health checks, annual performance and salary review and training and development opportunities.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8425