Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9332
2 x APS6 - Project & Policy
Our client is a specialist and newly founded agency pioneering Australia’s interests in the space industry, coordinating domestic activities, identifying opportunities and facilitating international space engagement.
This is an opportunity to be involved with an extremely interesting Agency in the infancy stages of their establishment. The Agency is responsible for whole-of-government coordination of civil space matters – this is working in an organisation most only dreamt of as a kid. Whilst you’ll be engaged on an initial 3 month contract, there is a 3 month extension option or beyond potentially.
Working in a small but high performing and extremely fast-paced Agency, you will be working to disseminate complex and high technical material to produce high quality and succinct briefs.
Duties will include:
- Support the drafting of legislative instruments
- Evaluation of the implications of legislation and regulatory reform
- Research and detailed analysis of space launch related matters, including technical inputs
- Produce written materials, including evaluations and briefing where necessary
- Support procurement delivery
- Administration, including organising meetings, liaising within the Agency and with other government departments/agencies, managing administrative components of the procurement processes etc.
We are looking for 2 x high performing APS6 contractors with skills within policy, procurement, project support and coordination. The Agency recognise the skill set is broad so will allocate work and structure the allocation of work depending on successful candidate’s skill sets. We need individuals that can operate independently within a small team and take on a variety of tasks without complaint. To be successful, you’ll need to be comfortable working with complex and technical subject matter without being a subject matter expert.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience with legal and regulatory reform, and supporting legislative instrument drafting
- Attention to detail, with experience in evaluating complex technical inputs
- Experience with contract management and understand governance and risk in an APS context
- Strong written communication skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage competing timelines
- Experience supporting project delivery
An hourly rate of $58 – $70 per hour + 9.5% super will be offered to the successful candidate, dependent on experience. *Please note, this includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9332