Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Dec, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8355
2 x APS4 Data Analyst - SQL
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable. With approximately 5000 staff nationwide, they have excellent career opportunities for someone looking to pursue a career in agriculture, biosecurity and sustainability.
A number of technical officer roles are available within the Branch-in the Biosecurity Assurance Programs. These positions offer an opportunity for people who appreciate that protecting Australia’s plant-based industries and natural environment from the threat of exotic pests and diseases requires effective and consistent regulation, supported by evidence-based policies and underpinned by credible science. You will be offered a 6 month non-ongoing contract initially with the option to extend of gain a permanent position.
To be successful in these roles you will require: strong written and technical skills, a plant scientific background, data analytical skills, a willingness to work in a high priority and time-critical environment as well as experience in communication with internal and external stakeholders. You will have the ability to work with a small team but be able to work independently as required.
As a Technical Officer, you will work as part of a technical team to support the effective management of biosecurity risk and effective service delivery for a range of plant commodities.
Key duties include:
- Undertake performance assessment and reviews of business processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Undertake technical analysis on import data to support business improvement activities and prepare assurance reports
- Work collaboratively with operational teams to identify analytical requirements Ensure that branch and regional service delivery activities are consistent and complies with instructional material and legislative requirements
- Contribute to the development and review of instructional material for plant import activities
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong interest in science and biosecurity and be motivated to learn new tasks and work in a team orientated environment.
In addition you will have the following:-
- Experience managing and analysing data in SQL with advanced Excel skills
- Capability to obtain information from diverse sources and assess quality of available data
- Ability to interpret data and model probabilities and quantities
- Strong written and reporting skills
- Qualifications and/or relevant experience in agriculture, horticulture, information technology and/ or other plant-related activities in an operational or regulatory environment will be highly regarded but is not essential
- Australian Citizenship and the ability to successfully pass a national criminal history check are essential in order to be considered
An annual salary of $60k – $70k + 15.4% super will be offered to the successful candidate, pro-rata for the duration of the contract.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878 quoting Ref No. 8355.
Please APPY NOW as applications will be assessed upon receipt.