Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th May, 2017 REF NO. 6121
APS6 File Sentencing Manager
This central Government department provides financial services to the rest of the Federal Government as well as the broader Australian community. They are renowned for their diverse environment full of variety and constant challenges. The department itself is quite innovative and strives to achieve best practice wherever possible, they are largely ahead of a number of government departments in terms of minimizing red tape and progressive ICT frameworks.
Due to a successful bid, this department's Technology and Workplace Support Branch will be commencing a 1 to 2 year project sentencing over 200k records. The team itself needs to double in size which has resulted in an internal promotion for the current APS6 to an Assistant Director level. This is a great opportunity because of the broad responsibilities in the role and a chance to be a part of one of the most significant projects for the Department.
Reporting directly to the EL1, you will assist in the supervision of 10+ records staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the records sentencing team.
- Guide, mentor and train team members in records sentencing activities, use of the records management system and the department's disposal procedures.
- Appraise and sentence complex legacy paper records, including making decisions against specific and general records authorities, issued by the National Archives of Australia.
- Ensuring that the appropriate records management system is updated accurately (HP TRIM/HPE Content Manager).
- Strategically determine which record groups to allocate to team members based on their level of skill and experience.
- Quality assure the record disposal decision making of team members processing complex legacy records.
- Liaise with internal teams regarding records destruction and project related queries and with the records service provider to coordinate project related records and administrative services.
We are seeking a candidate with a background in information or records management, who could be an ex EL1 or APS6 team leader or a high performing APS5. Proven experience in leading, supporting and monitoring teams in an administratively based environment is essential.
In terms of the personality fit, candidates who thrive in a leadership capacity and have a passion for seeing their team grow and succeed are the candidates we want to be hearing from.
The ideal candidate will possess an NV1 or Baseline Clearance and have an APS background in addition to the above criteria.
This will be a labour hire position offered at between $50-$55 per hour + 9.5% super depending on experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6121