Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th May, 2017 REF NO. 6078
APS4 Executive Assistant
Our client is a large Government Department with a role in developing national programs of major significance. This government department is regarded as a sought after employer by many and opportunities for career development is there for those who seek it. Located in Canberra's Parliamentary triangle, this is an ideal location, close to the CBD, Kingston and Manuka precincts.
This particular division handles various policies and has quite a high profile within the department. This is an opportunity to work amongst motivated professionals and get to know the various policies and programs being handled.
This opportunity is being offered as an initial 6-12 month non-ongoing contract however the role is set to be advertised on an on-going basis in July this year.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating meetings for two Band 1's
- Managing emails and telephone correspondence on behalf of staff
- Administration support to various staff members within the division
- Ensuring that your area and corresponding staff have access to all business tools required to fulfil their roles
- Arranging travel and various meetings including liaison with central HR and Finance
- Managing basic general procurement and accounts
- Ministerial and inter-agency liaison
- Analysing and summarising written reports and completing meeting reports for high level decision making
Your previous experience will be invaluable as you transfer your expertise into the systems and procedures of this role. You will be required to support your senior staff members in an efficient and results focussed manner, whilst employing a high level of professionalism in all aspects of your role.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be a proactive, organised individual with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Have the initiative to work independently
- Have excellent verbal communication skills and written skills; with the ability to liaise with a range of people
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Ideally experience within the Federal Government as an EA and a current Baseline Security Clearance
$62,000 - $67,000 + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6078