Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th May, 2017 REF NO. 6043
Business Unit Manager - Innovative Service delivery
This program manages ongoing outsourced functions, whilst supporting the roll out of a range new service delivery initiatives. Innovative new legislation starting in the next financial year will establish the framework for some of the most ambitious programs of their kind in Australia. The Program Director is seeking to engage a Senior Manager to manage this business unit on an initial non-ongoing basis for 2 years.
Reporting to the Program Director this role will be responsible for design and delivery of a wide range of sustainable outsourced services in accordance with Government priorities and strategic objectives. With support from a team of contract managers, quality/environmental management and operational support officers (6 staff) you will be responsible for the design, procurement, delivery and management of outsourced management services. Key responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver a wide range of outsourced services in line with Government priorities
- Ensure a management system is established that supports:
- High levels of customer service
- Effective management of risk and workplace safety
- Effective and efficient use of resources (human, financial and infrastructure); and
- Innovation in design and delivery
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, establish clear team goals, delegate tasks and set deadlines. Establish development opportunities, succession plans and challenge and grow the team.
- Delivering high quality written communications to stakeholders including ministers
- Identify, establish and implement accountable, transparent and responsive governance arrangements that drive continuous improvement and enhance organisational performance
- Lead and manage a team of 6 on procurement, contract management and performance reporting of program activities
As an experienced manager of outsourced service delivery functions you will have the background skills and knowledge to deliver results in a dynamic operational environment. Critical competencies include:
- Managing outsourced service delivery contracts, design and drive strong governance and reporting, drive performance
- Setting up effective management systems to ensure program outcomes are achieved and to maintain a positive team
- Strong analytical and research capabilities. Able to get across a broad range of information and make key recommendations for change with supporting evidence
- Leadership and management
For an opportunity to lead a function that has a positive impact for the Canberra community, apply today!
$118k - $133K + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Jukes on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6043