Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th May, 2017 REF NO. 5779
APS5 Project Officer
Our client is a large Commonwealth Department who plays a vital role in protecting and ensuring Australia's economic and environmental security. Working for this organisation presents the opportunity for you to make your own contribution to the sustainability of our environment and planet for our children and for future generations.
As the APS5 Project Officer you will apply project management expertise across a variety of different subject matters using established processes. This is a fast paced work environment where you will be required to develop a variety of innovative options to manage issues and solve problems. You will be the key point of contact for Project Coordination for the team of close to 20 staff and will work directly to the Project Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate a range of projects simultaneously in accordance with project management methodologies to assist the team in delivering quality outcomes
- Assist in drafting project management plans, risk management plans and project status reports
- Work directly on the risk and issue register
- Draft written correspondence and documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Producing various reports as required, requiring analysis and quality assurance
- Other administrative coordination tasks as required
You will love managing the coordination of projects and providing administrative and organisational support to a project management team. Your technical administration skills will be strong, with superb attention to detail in both written correspondence and reports.
In terms of your communication skills, you will enjoy liaising with others and will be comfortable being the sole point of contact for project enquiries.
We are looking for candidates with recent project support or project management experience in a Federal Government department, strong influencing skills and a great deal of initiative. You will have ideally worked within a Policy or Regulation Project area and you must have a current Baseline Security Clearance.
$74,500 + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 5779