Connect with Wally on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th May, 2017 REF NO. 5775
Senior Business Analyst (GIS)
Our client is a large infrastructure business managed commercially and undergoing significant reform focusing on improving the efficiency and efficacy of ICT systems. Working to the GIS transformation project manager in a specialist project team, you will play a critical role in a large, complex program of work that will change the way this organisation operates.
This is an opportunity to be part of a large program as the project moves from formulating requirements all the way to implementation. The contract will test your technical capabilities with GIS's in an Oracle platform environment, with stretches into developing system reporting, telemetry and time series warehouse integration. There is a strong chance of additional extensions beyond the initial contract term.
Your key deliverables will include but not be limited to:
- Analyse business processes, produce business process models and identify areas for improvement
- Analyse business requirements including functional and non-functional requirements for the project components and other related documentation including use cases/user stories
- Work with internal and external solution providers to define and evaluate solution options that meet business requirements and progress project and programme objectives
- Cost/benefit analysis of solutions
- Assist in the preparation of RFQ/RFT and business cases as per the governance processes
- Work with the programme design authority to define integration requirements
- Assist in the development of interface specifications by facilitating workshops with key stakeholders
- Develop configuration documentation in partnership with the technical lead
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Participate in test execution under the direction of the programme test manager
- Develop interim procedures
- Develop training material
- Document the Support Model
You'll be an accomplished business analyst with experience in large complex 'asset intensive' businesses. Your communication skills will have been tested across a broad variety of stakeholders, from engineers and operational staff to project teams and corporate SME's. The technical briefs and manuals you've prepared are clear, concise and comprehensive. Above all, you will have an uncanny ability to cut through the noise to see business needs and how to solve them.
Rate: Competitive day rates or salary offered for high performers
Not sure if you are a perfect fit?
HorizonOne works with an extensive network of employers in the region so if this role doesn't seem right it is very likely that we know of a role that will be more appropriate. Feel free to apply as we are always happy to help experienced business analysts.
$100K - 140K + Super or Hourly/Day rate equivalent commensurate experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Wally Arndt on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 5775