Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 3rd May, 2017 REF NO. 5905
APS4 Executive Assistant
Our client is a small Commonwealth Agency with a focus on research and improving valuable resources for Australia's population. This agency has an excellent reputation among employees as having a great culture and is highly sought after as an employer.
This is a long term opportunity which will see you providing high level support to two key executives within the agency. You will gain an overarching view of how the agency is managed both from a financial and subject matter perspective. This role is extremely varied ranging from core executive assistant responsibilities to management of the branch finances and travel, giving you the opportunity to build on your current skills.
The initial duration of the contract will be 12 months with a high likelihood of extension after this time.
Supporting two General Managers your responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of meetings and events across the branch
- Ensuring correct paperwork and documentation is prepared for internal meetings
- Act as first point of contact for phone calls and email correspondence ensuring timely actioning of urgent requests
- Travel arrangements - coordinating, booking and acquittals
- Credit card and cab charge acquittals
- Preparation and distribution of meeting minutes
- Basic finance and budget management
- Filing and records management
- Administrative support to the wider division as required
- Calendar management
- Management all correspondence for the branch
You will be a forward thinking, outcomes focussed EA, passionate about providing high level support in a professional APS environment. The role would suit someone who enjoys liaising across various areas and establishing strong working relationships as this is a small agency and a key part of the culture.
The ideal candidate will be calm by nature and able to prioritise their own workload as well as the executives they are supporting. You will have recent experience and show commitment to your previous positions as an Executive Assistant in the Public Service. We will also consider EA's with a Private Sector however you must hold a current baseline security clearance to be considered.
$63k-$69k + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 5905