Connect with Wally on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Apr, 2017 REF NO. 5903
Technical Writer - Tech1
Our client is a large Federal Government organisation who are growing and modernising to meet the increased demand for their services. They are centrally located and are willing to engage Australian Citizens without a security clearance. With a diverse and challenging portfolio of projects that are upgrading several key software platforms they are looking for talented, adaptable people to help deliver the change.
The opportunity is to make an impact on this project by ensuring the detailed Process Guideline, Work Instruction and User Guide documentation is completed to a high standard. This will be done through your research and understanding the FMIS replacement project business requirements. This includes the business processes and the Technology One system functionality to be implemented.
You will be working with business process owners and the training team to design materials which will support the needs of system users. These will be through the most appropriate medium (e-learning, quick start guide, work instruction). By working with the technical and training staff you will help to effectively communicate system functionality across the department. Through the development of training documentation and e-learning modules you will help ensure the success of the project. The successful candidate will need to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
With a strong financial/ technical writing background you will have demonstrated:
- Extensive experience in Finance or Accounting, and the ability to understand and communicate financial/accounting processes & concepts
- Background in or knowledge of Systems Accounting including previous experience in training or developing training documentation
- Previous Technical Writing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand & explain technical concepts clearly and concisely
$50 to $60 per hour + Super/GST
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Wally Arndt on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 5903