Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Jun, 2017 REF NO. 6187
APS5/6 Administration Officer
This large Government department is responsible for administering legislation across various disciplines. They work with stakeholders and clients including other Australian Government departments, industry bodies and the community to ensure their work is of the highest standard.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to secure work until January 2018 with a high likelihood of extension through to June 30 2018. You will be supporting a large division which focusses on key policies that this department implements. The team are passionate about what they do and are looking for high performing administration staff to support them through an upcoming busy period. Reporting directly to the EL1 Team Leader, you will play a key role in ensuring the operations of this team are as smooth as possible so they can deliver on all milestones.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Secretariat support including collation and distribution of papers
- Reviewing minutes, papers and action items from meetings
- Liaising with senior executives, managing key meetings and critical correspondence
- Providing administration support for project assurance, governance and compliance activities
- Providing administration support for policy development and implementation
- Production of communications material
- Communicating with a number of stakeholders across the department both in a written and verbal manner
We are seeking candidates who ideally possess skills in government administration, policymaking or legislative drafting. The ability to work within a reactive, changing environment will be key. You will thrive when working within a team environment and have experience supporting senior staff in technical administration requirements. The ideal candidates will already be performing at the APS5 and APS6 levels and have experience in the above responsibilities.
Candidates will need to already hold a current Baseline Security Clearance due to time constraints around the start date for successful candidates.
$40-$50 per hour + 9.6% Super commensurate with experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6187