Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Jun, 2017 REF NO. 6183
Deputy Director Communications
The Healing Foundation is a national Non-Profit organisation working for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a focus on building strong, community led healing solutions.
Continued success and growth of the Healing Foundation has led to this new position becoming available. This role will work in close conjunction with the Director Public Affairs, to deliver a full spectrum of communications and engagement activities supporting the Healing Foundations operations and advocacy.
This is a leadership role working with an established team of high performing people.
Key duties include;
- In consultation with the Director Public Affairs, develop the Healing Foundations long and short term public affairs strategies facilitating the positioning of the healing Foundation's profile as a thought leader in trauma and healing.
- Lead and develop a team to deliver internal and external communications initiatives to a range of key stakeholders including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Government, Corporates, Research and Media.
- Monitor the performance of communications activities alongside program objectives, plans and budgets and recognise/act on future risks and opportunity to enhance outcomes.
- Pro-actively identify, develop and maintain a network of key stakeholders appropriate to the requirements of the role.
- Oversight media liaison including drafting releases and alerts, advertorials, story placements and backgrounding for journalists.
- Manage presentation and production of key business publications including the annual report, marketing materials and audio visual assets.
- Oversight and develop the Healing Foundations website and social channels including content production and design enhancements.
- Deliver high quality public events from start to finish including risk management and contingency planning.
This is a great role with strong opportunity for career development. The ideal person will have a demonstrated track record of success in a senior communications role with accountability for the full spectrum of communications initiatives.
This is a leadership role with a highly capable team of people. The successful candidate will have proven leadership credentials with the ability to support and motivate teams working in sometimes challenging front line circumstances. You will also demonstrate;
Suitably qualified and experienced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
The salary will be negotiated in line with the experience of the successful candidate. Circa $120k + 9.5% super and PBI.
Applications close Friday 21st July 2017.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington or Briana Croft on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6183