Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th Jun, 2017 REF NO. 5980
Senior Financial/Management Accountant (Commercial)
This large commercial business with a complex capital intensive operational environment provides high profile services to the regions community. As a well-regarded employer in the region, this company offers strong learning opportunities, flexibility, and excellent employment conditions. Strong performance on this maternity leave contract will likely lead to permanent opportunities in the future in a company renowned for promoting from within.
Working as the main point of contact for a broad range of senior level stakeholders, you will have exposure to the commercial decision makers and be relied on for proactive advice. The complexity of the business and operational environment means this is a rapid learning opportunity and a chance to grow your career.
- Financial management for month and year-end financial reporting
- Responsible as the key point of contact for management and financial reporting to key external stakeholders, liaising with and developing positive stakeholder relationships. Responsible for providing value-add financial advice and support in order to meet Branch objectives
- Support maintenance of budgets and forecasts within the financial and reporting systems to allow effective reporting and financial management. Reporting on variances and communicating these with internal stakeholders
- Month end processing and reporting including revenue and cost accruals, analysis and commentary of month end financials and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Investigation and analysis of unusual items or variances arising in monthly reports. Initiation of corrective action as required.
- Support and provide financial information to inform cash flow modelling, variance analysis and forecasting.
- Project accounting and reporting on a broad variety of infrastructure/capital works projects in the electricity and gas network.
- Preparation and monitoring of project progress reports, and monthly reports to assist in the management and delivery of projects. Key performance indicators and other annual and multi period project and business operations.
- Provision of regular and timely monthly reporting and analysis to facilitate management of business and project performance.
Projects and Business enhancements
- Assist with the enhancement of financial controls to effectively and accurately capture costs, recognise revenue and financial obligations to facilitate enhanced business decision making.
- Support the improvement of reporting through the systems, finding ways to streamline process and systems to maximise efficiency
- Participate in the continuous improvement of quality systems and procedures as appropriate.
- Influence, recommend and participate in the effective implementation of Operational and Information technology improvements across the business
You will have 4+ years' experience in complex commercial environments within both financial and management accounting exposure ideally. In your previous positions, you are known for building rapport and delivering pertinent financial analysis and updates to both internal and external stakeholders. Advanced MS Excel, TM1 and CA/CPA/CIMA qualifications will be well regarded.
$100K - $115K + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 5980