Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 13th Jun, 2017 REF NO. 6125
Portfolio Director - Research Programs
Invasive Animals Limited (IAL) is a not-for-profit entity which is focused on new pest animal and increasingly weed management tools and strategies through collaborative research, development and extension over time. They work in close partnership with a diverse group of stakeholders nationally who bring together leading expertise in science and business. IAL is based in Canberra with a passionate and dedicated team of professional staff.
The organisation has a strong track record with over twelve years of achieving successful outcomes in the research space behind it. The Portfolio Director is a newly identified role designed to enhance IAL's research program capacity and capability.
The role works as part of the executive management team reporting directly to the CEO. You will manage the long-term planning of the research portfolio, program and projects, including the assessment and determination of direction and quality of the research and its future commercial integration.
- Supporting and working with your project leads and their teams in a range of locations nationally across Australia to deliver, evaluate and enhance a variety of research initiatives for control of pest species.
- Provide input to the strategic development of capabilities and identify gaps in future needs.
- Plan and manage resources and budgets across the portfolio.
- Participate as a member of the Executive team and Chair the Portfolio Advisory Panel.
- Provide ongoing, monitoring, evaluating, reporting and updates to the Executive and Stakeholders on progress, results and issues across the portfolio.
- Manage contracts and relationships with partner organisations across the portfolio.
- Lead, motivate, mentor and develop team members including one direct report.
This is an exciting role and a chance to get involved in leading research that is delivering high value outcomes for the Australian Agriculture, Environment and community. The ideal person will have a demonstrated track record of success in research program design, delivery, evaluation and enhancement within the scientific space.
This is a leadership role with project teams dispersed across a range of national locations. The successful candidate will have proven leadership and credentials with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders in the scientific and business space. You will also demonstrate;
The salary will be negotiated in line with the experience of the successful candidate. The salary is circa $150k + 9.5% super and parking.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6125