Connect with Sophie on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Jun, 2017 REF NO. 6157
General Manager - Operations (2IC to CEO)
This organisation has successfully supported the disability community in Canberra for over 40 years delivering unique, high profile programs. They focus on providing a variety of programs for people with disabilities and delivered over 2500 sessions in the 2016-2017 financial year. They hold a number of events throughout the year and are very involved with the Canberra community. There are over 250 volunteers and clients comment on the positive energy and the empowering impact of their services.
Reporting to the CEO, we are looking for an experienced Manager to support a broad range of organisation functions. This position is extremely diverse which is ideal if you are looking for a new challenge or something completely different You will have the opportunity to create a lasting impact on the organisation through your leadership and ability to successfully manage projects to completion. Your role will ensure the continued success of many popular community programs that are crucial to those with disabilities in the Canberra region.
Reporting directly to the CEO your responsibilities will include:
- Project management of organisational activities, events, and projects
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator and two Program Managers in a variety of day to day and strategic program delivery aspects
- Leadership and supervision of four direct reports and workflow coordination across a total of 8 FTE staff members
- Working collaboratively with staff to address operational challenges
- Provide support for staff to ensure strategic directives and KPI's are met and enhanced
- Ensuring the organisation complies with Quality Assurance, WHS and Risk Management Frameworks
- Grant acquittals and reporting
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office including responsibilities for policies and procedures and contract managing suppliers on corporate services such as accounting
- Advise and liaise with the CEO on operational matters that may warrant policy consideration and development
- Enhance better management by developing administrative practices and financial systems in consultation with the Administration Officer
- Secretariat support to the CEO and Board, including representing the CEO at community functions
As a high performing Manager you pride yourself on your professionalism and reputation for delivering results. Project management will be a key strength and you love supporting your team to succeed. You will be a balanced and positive person with the ability to pull together people and resources in an efficient and resourceful manner in order to get the job done. You are well suited to a '2IC' role and thrive when supporting an Executive towards success.
The ideal candidate will be a high performer, currently working in an Operations Management, General Manager or Senior Office Management capacity.
You will ideally have a background within the not-for-profit sector, however we will consider candidates from professional services and the construction and property sector.
$75-$90K + 9.5% Super + PBI Salary packaging
Working within a beautiful natural environment and seeing smiling faces benefiting from your hard work will make coming to work each day will no longer mundane.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Pereira on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6157