Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 31st May, 2017 REF NO. 4482
Financial Accountant (Corporate Tax focus)
Passionate about complex tax matters?
Looking to bridge your career into a large commercial organsiation?
Our client is a large Commercial organisation with complex business requirements and with a large financial accounting team that offers excellent career opportunities. Working in the corporate finance team, you will work with a well-qualified team of technical specialists focusing on Taxation related financial accounting.
This is a great opportunity for a 2 - 3 year accountant coming from the firms or a large commercial environment to transition into a premium employer. You will work on complex, interesting technical accounting issues and enjoy a positive, development focussed team environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and lodgement of a range of Taxation returns, rebate and excise reports including BAS, FBT and PAYG
- Opportunities to get involved in complex taxation matters, seeking new rulings from the ATO, problems solving commercial issues from a tax perspective
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register and preparation of notes for annual and interim audits
- Provide advice for major capital projects relating to the management of fixed assets
- Support business areas regards queries on assets and taxation matters
- Income tax provisions and support for year-end tax compliance
- A wide range of duties supporting the financial statements process mostly in relation to tax and assets
The ideal candidate is degree qualified with a CA/CPA or with good progress towards professional qualifications. You pride yourselves on your technical skills, and enjoy dealing with people to resolve complex queries. You will have a sound technical accounting background ideally from a well-respected firm or med-large commercial business. You will require sound analytical capabilities, well developed skills with MS Excel and a people first approach to servicing your clients.
This is a first class opportunity for a high performer to join a positive, tight knit fun and friendly team!
Salary: $70 - $80K + Super neg.
* This is a permanent role requiring a 2 interview process
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 4482